TIDY TOWNS – 2014
Thanks to all our volunteers for their contribution of time and energy throughout the spring and summer months. The national judging was done early in June, so the result did not reflect the work carried out, and how well our town looked during late summer.
We added 4 new signs ,
- History of the parish on the grounds of the Most Holy Redeemer church,
- History of St John’s Church on Chapel Lane ,
- History of the old mill and creamery on Chapel lane
- History of the formation of the Angling group on the main bridge.
- Work is still on- going, and each small effort adds to the beauty of the area.
- We are lucky to have John Turner who has a great interest in old stone work to look after these grounds.
- Thanks to Robert Duggan Ard Mhuire for taking interest in his area, keeping rubbish free.
- Discussion continues with the county council re the future of the Ball Alley site.
- Our involvement continues in lighting the streets in December. This year we put lights in the grounds of The Church of St. John. Tidy towns national results 238 out of 450.