TIDY TOWNS 2015
National Spring Clean Clean Up Day takes place on Saturday 18th April. Meet at Community Centre at 2pm. Tidy Towns group will meet each Monday evening at 7 pm at the car park in Jail Street, starting on 27th April.
Aims for 2015
- Re-new foot path to Cannon’s/Lacey’s Well
- Re-steps to river bank from square
- New history sign re Tuckers Mill
- Ballymackeogh grave yard sign, Portryan Bridge sign
- Renew signage to Church of St John and Protestant Grave Yard
- Secure title to Church of St Johns.
- Historical Society hope to secure title to the courthouse and ?? museum here
Our group at AGM 2015
Maureen Burke, Hugh Burke, Maura Guilfoyle, Martin Guilfoyle, Councillor Fiona Bonfield,
Edel Mannix, Elaine Carey, Martin Lenihan, Missing was Tom Burke.
We will try and organize groups for each road and area to meet and do their area or estate.
We have entered the National Tidy Towns competition, and judging takes place anytime June/July. So lets be at our best!
- Entrance signs were put at Glencree, Glenwood and Tullow estates
- Historical signs were put in Ball Alley about the history of the forge.
- Historical sign was put at Cannon’s /lacy’s well sign about Newport’s first water supply.
- Our involvement continues in lighting the the street lights in December.
- Entrance signs were put at Glencree, Glenwood and Tullow estates.
- Historical sign were put in Ball-alley about the history of the forge.
- Historical sign was put at Cannon’s/lacy’s well sign about Newport’s first water supply.
- Our involvement continues in lighting the street lights in December.